I always hear people talk about how they can’t travel because they don’t have the time or the money. Yes, some places can be expensive but there are also ways to see different parts of the world without selling your soul breaking the bank. The quick visit to Grand Canyon, I took a couple years back, is still is one of the most relaxing days I’ve ever had!
If you’re coming into town for vacation and you want a break from the nonsense on The Strip, this is the perfect way to spend a day. If you are a local, it is an easy, cheap, and quick way to see a National Landmark.
I’m not always a fan of Groupon getaways because I hate that they make solo travelers pay additional fees to use them, but I do love – and recommend – their day trip to the Grand Canyon. Here’s why:
- It’s cheap. When I went, I paid around $85. It is currently less than $100. That’s cheap for a day of fun!
- It’s relaxing. I rode on an air-conditioned bus with a Guide who gives details about the Grand Canyon and what to expect during the visit. He also played a movie for us to watch.
- Two birds, one stone. On the way to the Grand Canyon, the driver took us through the Hoover Dam so we got to see another cool historical landmark in the same day.
- Free Food! (This part made me happy) On the way to Grand Canyon, we stopped for a buffet lunch which was included in the price. Score!
- There is plenty of time to wander around and take in lots of scenery. We made a couple stops and the driver gave us plenty of time on each stop to wander, take millions of selfies, and shop at the visitor’s center.
I took about 478 pictures when I went to the Grand Canyon, but I will spare you the torture of viewing all of them. Here are some of my favorites though.
If you ever have time to visit the Grand Canyon, do it!